Control Room Operator
This role works shifts on a rotating evening/night time basis including weekends and bank holidays as the monitoring station is manned 365 days per year.
Hole Farm, Lye Green, Crowborough
- To verify alarms via CCTV camera transmissions from clients premises when the sites are closed (evening/nights and weekends).
- To interrogate the pictures received on monitors and determine if the activity on the protected client site requires any intervention by Onwatch or outside bodies (e.g. Police) to protect the interests of the client and to deter or apprehend the offender(s).
- To complete routine electronic checks of client sites and the status of the equipment deployed there.
As required by our licensing body, the SIA applicants must be 18 years old or over and must be either licensed by the Security Industry Authority or complete appropriate training to then apply for the licence. All our applicants are subject to stringent vetting procedures to ensure that they will meet the SIA requirements but you are strongly advised to identify whether you will meet their licensing criteria. As the SIA licence is personal to you not to your employer, you will be required to pay for the licence application, however, a loan arrangement can be agreed with you if necessary.
- Ability to stay focused on a routine task to ensure potential risks are identified and acted upon.
- To follow agreed protocols and procedures for managing alarms as directed by team leaders on the advice of clients.To be able to complete accurate technical reports and site reports as well as incident reports for submission to client.
- To manage a changing work pattern – the role requires you to work evenings and nights and weekend working too (an example shift pattern is detailed below for your information)
Duty Shift Rosters:
|Shift||Evening||Nights||Days||Day / Eve||Late / Day|
|Week Days||17:00 – 00:00||00:00 – 08:00|
|Weekend||20:00 – 08:00||08:00 – 20:00||14:00 – 21:00||16:00 – 00:00|
|Bank Holidays||20:00 – 08:00||08:00 – 20:00||14:00 – 21:00||16:00 – 00:00|
£16,640 – £29,120 (Based on a minimum 40hr week and dependant on experience)
Paid Holiday Entitlement:
228 to 243 duty hours (this includes statutory bank holiday entitlement).
Please download and complete the application form and email or post to Onwatch. (If emailing the form just type your name in the signature box). We do not accept CV applications. If you have any questions about the role please email.